[Blindtlk] the new canes

Nikki daizies304 at comcast.net
Thu Mar 24 17:48:27 UTC 2011

I thought t

-----Original Message-----
From: David Andrews
Sent: Thursday, March 24, 2011 5:03 AM
To: Blind Talk Mailing List
Subject: Re: [Blindtlk] the new canes

Well, it depends.  I am five feet 7 inches, and I use a 63 inch
cane.  It goes up to my nose.   So, if you are used to a long cane, I hat
your cane should extend up to the bone in the middle of your chest where
your sternum and neck bones meet when standing the cane straight up in front
of you. Did the rules change?
would say 61 or 59, inches, but if you aren't used to a cane that
long, or don't like it, you might want 57.

Dave