[Blindtlk] handling money

Julie J julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Mar 30 23:33:39 UTC 2011

Humberto,

I have ordered from Amazon as well as many other web sites independently.  I
use JAWS and internet explorer.  Some sites are easier than others, but
generally speaking I haven't had major problems with any web site I've
ordered from.

Using a debit card for purchases is the same exact process as using a credit
card.  Your debit card should be a MasterCard or Visa.  As long as the web
site accepts those types of cards your good to go.  On the front of the card
will be your name, a 16 digit number and an expiration date.  You need all
of this information.  On the back of the card in the signature area is a 3
digit number called the CVV number, you need this number for most
transactions.  You'll also need the phone number and address associated with
the  account.

Shopping carts on the internet are just forms that you'll need to fill out
with the above info.  If your comfortable with using a screen reader to fill
out forms you should be fine.  If your not I'd suggest practicing using
forms by taking surveys on line.  The skills used are very similar.

As far as the security of transactions...always look for shopping carts that
use a secure server.  The web page address will begin with https instead of
http.  I also tend to stick with larger companies that are well recognized.
I also look for a phone number and address of the company in case I have any
problems with ordering or the products, I will be able to call and talk to a
real person.  If they don't offer a customer service phone number I don't
order from them.

HTH and happy shopping!
Julie