[Blindtlk] Paratransit Vs. fixed Routes

Michael bonsai1b at bellsouth.net
Mon May 2 19:02:18 UTC 2011

I would like to take guitar lessons from a jazz guitarist eight miles from
my home but have pretty much given up.  I checked with paratransit and they
want to pick me up, drive me twenty miles to the central office, transfer me
to another bus, and then drive me back twenty miles to get to the guitar
store, a four hour adventure....all of this for a trip eight miles from my
home.  And then they have no way to get me home after the lesson.  I have
checked with every nonprofit and volunteer group I can think of to no avail.
Taxi service is $40 round trip, so that makes a pretty pricey lesson.  I've
given up.  There is no regular bus service in my county.

Michael