[Blindtlk] Paratransit Vs. fixed Routes

Peachtree Travel info at peachtreetravel.net
Thu May 5 18:59:12 UTC 2011

David:

Unfortunately the interstate doesn't have a overpass making it pretty
unlikely that anyone is going to attempt crossing 8 lanes of traffic some
moving more than the legal speed limit of 65.  If I would have known all of
this before buying my house a few years ago, I would have moved to the other
side of I85.  OH, well to late now.  Me and Paratransit will have to get
along for the for seeable future.  However, I do love going back home to
Philadelphia where I can move around the whole city without it.

Reese

----- Original Message ----- Hi, Reese. If the interstate you speak of has
an overpass or underpass a
pedestrian, whether they are totally blind or not, could cross it.
Otherwise, any pedestrian would be insane to cross any interstate. However,
that sort of environment requires you to listen very carefully to your
traffic patterns. While I wouldn't say it's a no-go under all circumstances,
I would agree that it would require very good travel skills in order to
cross safely and efficiently.