[Blindtlk] trailing with your hand or with your cane

Nikki Wunderlich nikki0222 at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:21:13 UTC 2011

yes, I do rely on my cane for a lot of information such as drive way vs
street or side walk, ect. I don't have the problem of getting cold easily,
but para transit is the safest most cost effective way to travel for me
besides walking when i can, and family or friends when they're able to
provide transportation. I think it is more convenient too, because they tell
you when you're at your stop and if it is an unfamiliar place they walk you
in to the building. I used to use metro mobility a lot, then I moved, and my
metro mobility ID expired, and so did my elegability, so I had to reapply,
and I was approved. The day I found out I was approved I had gone in for an
interview to see if I was elegable, and since I didn't know where I was
going the metro mobility driver walked me all the way inside the building,
even though they're only supposed to take you through the firs door. I was
very appreciative to the driver for all of his assistance. I made sure to
thank him and tell him to have a nice rest of the day. So that was my first
time using metro mobility in a few years, and it was a very pleasant
experience. So like I say if you can safely and effectively use the fixed
rouge system go for it, if not then use paratransit if it is abailable to
you.