[Blindtlk] Article: Tablet app brings new touch to Braille, technology News from CNET, October 12, 2011

T. Joseph Carter tjcarter at spiritsubstance.com
Thu Oct 13 18:16:20 UTC 2011

Cnet demonstrates severe cluelessness in this article.

How does a virtual keyboard eliminate the need for a Braille display?

Yes, it's a virtual Braille keyboard instead of QWERTY, and it uses
an idea I saw to be able to move the keys around using intelligent
software to reduce sighted users' typos.  And it's a great idea to do
it, too.  But nothing about this removes the need for a Braille
display, which is for OUTPUT, not INPUT.  You'd think Cnet would know
the difference.

Joseph