[Blindtlk] Some Questions About The Mac Computer

Ray Foret Jr rforetjr at att.net
Mon Sep 5 19:06:04 UTC 2011

Well Keri,

First, forget flash.  You are right in suspecting that Adobe and Apple don't play nice together at all.  The overall picture of browsing with Safari is quite a good one.  However, some of us Mac users have found that Web Kit is better.  Web kit is a browser which updates nightly with features which will eventually find their way in to Safari.  It's almost kind of like a sneak preview if you will.

Now, as to all your quetsions about processor speed, honestly, it depends what you want to do.  Just browse, e-mail and word processing?  Save the money and get a lower processor speed.  Running ram  intense audio programs?  Go with the faster processor.

Let's see now.  I tried the first site you gave me and I found I could read it just fine; although, it took a second or two to load.  I'd say this.  It really depends on how the pages are coded.  I'm not going to sit here and tell you that these pages are handled any better or worse than JAWS due to the fact that my windows lap top happends to be on the blink right now and so I cannot make a comparisum.  As for how to find text, Voice Over has a number of solutions for this.  My favorite is just to use Auto hot spots.  Kind of like automatic place markers in JAWS.  But, actually, that's not really a fair or even very accurate comparisum.  You can also use what's called the item chooser menu to find things very quickly.  Also, the search feature can be used.  Point is, you can move around very fast on a page.  Headings are navigated by using the command+OOption+h key combination.

	Now, your last question first.  How easy or hard is it?  Well, I'd say to give yourself at least two or three weeks to get your teeth in to the thing.  Do yourself a huge favor.  Do not try to learn everything right away.  It just aint gonna happen.  YOu'l love it though.

Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray!!!

Now a very proud and happy Mac user!!!

Skype name: