[Blindtlk] History of Presidential Releases

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Thu Sep 15 19:47:45 UTC 2011

Hello Reese and everyone,

    Ed Morman with the JTBL told me that it was 1975 when Dr. Jernigan began
sending out presidential releases. I recall hearing them when I began
attending meetings of the Associated Blind of Greater Brockton which was the
name of our local chapter of the NFB of Massachusetts. I wasn't sure if they
were offered prior to 1975, if they were offered under a different name, and
if Dr. TenBroek also distributed monthly bulletins/releases to local
chapters and state affiliates. We've sure come a long way from those days
where communication between affiliates and individual members is concerned.

Peter Donahue