[Blindtlk] iPad magnification aps

Tony Schnurr tcb_357 at att.net
Tue Aug 14 15:19:37 UTC 2012

Julie,

There is a video magnifier app called VisionAssist for the iPhone or iPad
which you may want to check out.  Since I am totally blind; I cannot give
first-hand assessment on this app; however, my wife has used it on occasion.
I can tell you that this app has  mode settings to view text white on black
among some other color settings.  You can also adjust the contrast.  I
believe you can zoom to 5X magnification though I am not sure of that one.
It may be higher.
I understand that the current version of this app plays very well with
VoiceOver.  Prior versions had issues.
You can go to applevis.com if you would like to see what others have written
about this app.  It is also a great resource for blind users of apple
products.  You will find lots of reviews on IOS apps written by blind users.

Regards.

Tony