[Blindtlk] braille printer questions

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Fri Aug 24 19:11:30 UTC 2012

Mike,

I thought I was being pretty careful not to say how far the prices should go down, and no, I am not forgetting that the cost of
parts can rise and that R&D costs need to be distributed over time.  I just don't have the same level of trust in the marketplace
that you do given some of the artificial factors that come into play when dealing with a subsidized small market, that's all.  I
also want to be careful to say clearly that I know of nothing that Enabling Technology is doing wrong, only that I don't think we
are wrong to question pricing.  This kind of equipment will always be more expensive than some of us can afford, and that doesn't
mean that anybody is doing anything wrong.  I also don't think that it is wrong for agencies that are spending tax money on
equipment to expect that such equipment might contribute toward us paying more taxes.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/dotkid.nusbaum%4

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/daizies304%40gma