[Blindtlk] Grad School

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Dec 14 23:43:04 UTC 2012

Zeeshan,

I don't have any specific answers for you, but I am also thinking of
going back to school for my Master's degree.  I have no idea about
online access.  It is something I've been wondering though.  The program
I am thinking about is online, but it's through the local college.  So
I'd have the flexibility to take classes around my work schedule, but
could still go over to the campus to meet with professors or to
participate in activities.

For me I think the online option will be best because of my other
commitments.  I work a crazy ever changing schedule with a fair bit of
out of town travel.  I'm also not willing to relocate to attend school.
If I don't go with this particular program I'm thinking about, any other
program would have to be online.  The next nearest college is an hour
away and that is to far to commute.

I think though if going to college was all I was doing, I'd go for the
oncampus option.  I think it would be incredibly isolating to not be
able to interact with other people in a face to face situation.  I like
my quiet alone time, but I think online classes with no live interaction
would be difficult even for my serious introverted nature.

There is a studen division of the NFB and an associated list.  If I do
decide to go back to school I think that will be a really great resource
to get all the details sorted out.

Wishing you all the best!
Julie