[Blindtlk] Refusal To Use A Cane

Michelle Medina michellem86 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:11:25 UTC 2012

Diane,
I can't believe anyohne would try to do that!! I've had people even in
my own family grab my cane, but they'll do it when their messing with
me. It's like a prank and once I tell them paws off it's over. But
never to "leadZ" me around like it's a leash. *shakes head*

Julie,
I like that, in fact, I love it!!!!!!!
I don't have Children of my own yet, but just reading what you wrote,
I wonder if my life wouldn't have turned out differently, and if I
wouldn't have felt more in control of my life if I had felt like I was
making choices/was empowered to do so.

To the list as a whole:
I don't use the long white canes anyway. I use a collapsable one and
it does the job perfectly for me. Would that mean I wouldn't be
accepted over that? I should hope not, because I feel safer and way
more independent with it then I'd ever feel without it.