[Blindtlk] Wanting to find a good accessible way to learn Spanish

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Mon Jan 2 21:11:12 UTC 2012

I've been learning Italian with the audio lessons I purchased from
Audible.com  Pimsleur is the author/creator of the learning method.  I'm
only in the first set of lessons, but I'm satisfied so far.  You learn
to speak the language by listening and repeating what the narrator
says.  Then there are places where you are asked a question and you have
to respond in the new language.   Pimsleur claims that by learning a new
language in this way you minimize your accent. In the more advanced
lessons I noticed there are written materials to accompany the audio,
but I haven't gotten that far.
There are other languages available, including Spanish from Pimsleur at
Audible.

I learned Spanish in high school using the typical textbook and nagging
teacher.  We learned long lists of vocabulary words, how to conjugate
verbs and very rarely actually practiced speaking.  I'm finding the
Pimsleur method much more practical.

Good luck!
Julie