[Blindtlk] why is it important to join an organization ofthe blind?

Sheila Leigland sleigland at bresnan.net
Thu Jan 19 02:38:12 UTC 2012

Hi, when my husband and I got married someone asked if we were planning a family and we didn't even get a chance to answer. The person asking the question was told by a family member oh no that would be way to hard. Things and decisions that we take for granted now haven't always been assumed that we as blind people could or should have the right to make personal decisions for our own lives. Theese things don't involve nechnology but involve the right and basic human dignity which all in the ncountry have a right to expect and strive for. I've had to take strong stands with people that I love just to keep my independence.

sheila leigland