[Blindtlk] A Definition of Kool-aid

Chris Nusbaum dotkid.nusbaum at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 01:48:55 UTC 2012

Bryan,

Based on Gary's explanation (and I talked with him about this on
the phone yesterday as well,) although you may not have thought
of yourself serving us poison-laced cool-aid (and I seriously
doubt you did think about it,) the use of the "Cool-Aid Man"
analogy connotes the opinion that the organization you are
speaking of (in this case, the NFB) is a cult, like Jonestown.
This connotation is what Gary is talking about.

Now, let's go back to your explanation of your cool-aid statement
that (and I quote your message in response to Gary's) "different
people like different drinks.  Some people like cool-aid, some
beer, some sniff the cork and have wine.  There are different
intensities to things." OK, let's just assume for the sake of
argument that that explanation is a true/legitimate one.  But
this would raise some confusion still.  If that's what you really
meant, then how could it make sense to ask (and I directly quote
your message from yesterday which started all of this) "is there
also a picture of the kool-aid man on those stickers," when
talking about the NFB bumper stickers? According to the "original
message" headers that your email provider puts in your emails,
you responded to my post saying "I'll have one of those
stickers." This was in response to Rex Howard's post which said:
"See you out on the highways, Chris! I'll program my car to honk
at people with NFB bumper stickers!" So, if anybody (like me)
read just two or three lines below where you signed your name in
the email, we would find what "stickers" you were referring to;
those of the Federation.  So, with all that said, how does your
explanation clearly and truly explain what you were saying in the
context of the NFB's bumper stickers? What do people's drink
preferences have to do with pictures on the NFB bumper stickers?
I think a clearer explanation is in order; until then, I still
agree with Gary.

Chris Nusbaum

nuisance."
-- Kenneth Jernigan