[Blindtlk] Picture ID's.

Mary McGee mmcatitude at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 17:39:50 UTC 2012

Dear Readers;

            I'd be interesting in hearing how your states dispense picture
ID's that aren't drivers' licenses.  Are the dispensed at transportation or
MV departments only?  Or, can you get a first-time picture ID at an agency
like a DVR or a CIL?  The reason I'm asking is that in Des Moines, the only
location from where a person can obtain a first-time picture ID is from an
Iowa Department of Transportation office that will not have public transit
access when out bus system implements its future redesign.  That means
you'll have to drive to the place to get a DL or the ID that they call a
"non-operator's ID".  Does this make any sense?  I don't think so.  So, I'd
like to know a little about how other states distribute picture ID's to
people who can't or don't drive.  I'd like to know if there are locations
for this on transit routes.

            I fail to understand why we can't have some kind of satellite
office at IDB or DVR or some other place that's on a bus line and I'm
considering taking this to our Chapter as an advocacy project.

            Thanks for the information.

Sincerely,

Mary L. McGee

NOTICE:  This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521, is confidential
and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any tetention, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in error, then delete.  Thank you.