[Blindtlk] Picture ID's.

Rex Leslie Howard, Jr. rex at littlelaw.com
Fri Jan 27 19:13:14 UTC 2012

Here in Oklahoma we can go to any tag office and get our id's renewed.

In fact, I let my ID expire past a year and the requirement is, generally,
that a birth certificate must be presented to renew an ID if it has expired
for more than a year.

I didn't have my ID but I know the Commissioner of DPS so he called the head
of the License Examination division and had her post a note to my ID which
said I could renew the ID without showing my birth certificate. Of course
this was contingent on my supplying the birth certificate the next time I
get my ID renewed.

Boy, the people at the tag office were mad because I was able to circumvent
their requirements. They kept saying "I don't know who you know but he or
she must be pretty powerful in order for you to get around these
requirements."

I had sent a request to get my birth certificate but the certificate had not
come in yet and I needed my ID renewed because I was going to get a marriage
license.

Here we have a pretty elaborate system and when the picture is taken, it
cross-references it with previous pictures taken and makes sure it is a
match. My picture didn't match up because I had long hair when the previous
picture was taken so they had to do an "override" to have the picture
accepted as being legitimate.