[Blindtlk] Why do we advocate?

Mary McGee mmcatitude at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 19:52:13 UTC 2012

Hi, All;

            This will be the very last thing I post.  I asked a question and
now it's implied that I only associate with blind people.  If we're to
depend on sighted people to drive us everywhere, why do we as an
organization advocate at all?  Why advocate for Internet access-just get a
neighbor to read things for us!

            I thought this organization was about making life better for
blind people.  Guess I'd better ask more questions of our leadership before
I say any more here.  I asked a question, plain and simple.  I work
full-time and don't need this.

Mary L. McGee

NOTICE:  This E-mail (including attachments) is covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. Sections 2510-2521, is confidential
and may be legally privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any tetention, dissemination, distribution, or
copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Please reply to the
sender that you have received the message in error, then delete.  Thank you.