[Blindtlk] accessible email

Heather Field missheather at comcast.net
Thu Jun 21 21:05:01 UTC 2012

Hello Chris,
Regarding your comments on the similarities of Outlook Express and Outlook,
I beg to differ. Outlook and Outlook express are not particularly similar.
Outlook Express is a very stripped down, far superior program for those
people who just want an email program and not all the other things, journal,
calendar/scheduler, lots of categories, and so on, that you get in outlook
express.

I've always been an Outlook express user until Windows 7 made us change to
Windows Live Mail. It's also a pain for those of us who just want a plain
email program. I tried Thunderbird but that was worse.

Let me tell you how much some of us detest, deplore and despise Outlook
Chris. I actually spent money to purchase it when I upgraded to a new
desktop computer and Windows 7. After only a few days trying to deal with
all the extraneous components, and the frustrating differences in layout,
views and keyboard commands, I ditched outlook, despite the ridiculous price
I'd paid for it, and I downloaded Windows Live mail.

So, from those of us who have truly suffered and genuinely know what we're
talking about, as dedicated Outlook Express users, Please Chris, don't tell
people that these two programs are "very much the same" and "easy". They are
not and the transition, for some, is not worth the misery. It's like saying
that a sleek little sports car and a lumbering Greyhound bus are the same. I
jump into my little car and I zoom off to my destination. If I must take the
bus then I am stuck with the way the bus and its service functions, along
with all the extraneous passengers and stops I don't want or need. It's much
the same when comparing Outlook Express and Outlook.

Regards,
Heather Field