[Blindtlk] a question about science and tutoring

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Thu Mar 15 14:10:04 UTC 2012

Hi Vejas. I come late to this discussion. Diagrams do not help me much, but
I wish I had tried to get more from them. Blind people do not learn early
enough how to interpret these--by the time we get their hands on them,
sighted children already are experts at understanding drawings. There is a
debate about how much of our difficulty in understanding pictures and
diagrams is a function of being blind and how much a function of lack of
exposure at an early age. Maybe you can be one of our pioneers and help to
determine if reading a diagram or coming to appreciate a two-dimensional
picture can be learned.

Gary