[Blindtlk] owning a vehicle

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Thu Mar 15 15:05:22 UTC 2012

Julie:

You are correct. Both I and my sighted wife were listed on the insurance policy although she was the principal driver. But then I knew the insurance agent.

I believe that in this entire discussion we must bear in mind that the details of the law vary from state to state. The important thing to note is that Federal law isn't concerned with the nitty-gritty of who and under what circumstances can own and/or operate a motor vehicle; this is left to the several states. What the Federal government *is* concerned with is proper identification of its citizenry.

Mike Freeman
sent via iPhone