[Blindtlk] voting experience

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Sun Nov 11 21:29:45 UTC 2012

Dear Miss,

Was this a poll worker or just some other voter?
In any case, the Poll Captain should have been informed and the person told
to stop the harassment or be arrested or ejected from the poll site.
There is, in general a 5 minute rule for voting, but this is waved and not
enforced for the disabled.
The ADA states that all policies and procedures Will be modified or waved.
Here in Florida, we had 12 constitutional amendments and 3 Bills dealing
with the retention of judges.  A very long ballot and if you had to read it
all, it would take you over 20 minutes easy.
Other than a poll worker or someone you take into the voting station to help
you mark your ballot, no one should be speaking to you, harassing you or
telling you how you should vote.
It is illegal.
There is no "electioneering within 500 feet of the polls and those that do
are subject to arrest, fine and even jail.
If you know this person's name, you can file a voting harassment complaint
with the Supervisor of Elections in your County and the Office of Equal
Opportunity.

David Evans and GD Jack.
Former member Governor's Select Task Force on Voting Access and The HAVA
State Planning Committee.