[Blindtlk] Carbon fiber cane tips and such

Jim Portillo portillo.jim at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 04:13:39 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I've not had to deal with this issue for quite some time, but it happened
again recently.

I got one of those telescopic carbon fiber canes, and it was working fine
for a while.  However, I noticed that the screw and tip were beginning to
get loose.  Sure enough, the screw and tip came out one time almost as I was
to use the cane.  I still have the screw and the tip.  Of course I took off
the tip, but I still have a perfectly good cane and the screw.  Can they go
back onto the canes, and if so, what can I use that is fairly simple?
Otherwise, I would have paid $40 or so for a cane that didn't last long.

So, how can I get this screw back in use so that I can use this cane again?

Jim