[Blindtlk] iPhone information

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Thu Sep 6 19:25:59 UTC 2012

An 8 GB model should be enough to get you started.  After two years you
could upgrade without penalty if you find it isn't enough.  Since it's a 4
and not a 4S, you won't be able to run Siri on it, so some parts of the 2012
National Braille Press book won't be applicable, but I think you got the
older book anyway.  Those books are really good, in whatever format you can
use them.

If I must deal with a voice-mail system, I find it much easier to plug
earbuds into the phone, rather than using its speaker-phone function, where
the VoiceOver voice may confuse the system on the other end of the line.