[Blindtlk] devices RE: introduction

Judy Jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Wed Sep 12 04:20:59 UTC 2012

Would you believe, the first one Chris and I bought was in 1983 from a
retired home instructor, complete with training kit, for $4000.00.  I can't
remember the last time it needed repair, these things are true workhorses.
In 2010, the Commission bought the one for my office for $1000.00.  I've
spoken with the former TSI engineer who has turned optacon repair into a
family business, and is training his grown children to take over.  They feel
that as long as there are users and parts they will continue on, and I am so
greatful.