[Blindtlk] Tourism for you!

David Evans drevans at bellsouth.net
Thu Apr 18 02:18:51 UTC 2013

Dear Mihai,

Have you ever heard of (SATH) The Society for Access in Travel and
Hospitality?

It is a World side organization that brings together groups, businesses and
agencies that specialize in travel services for the Disabled.
As for me as a Blind traveler, I like guided tours where the guide describes
the surroundings and the action taking place.  I also like someone who gives
me good directions such as "to our right" or"the villagers are dressed in
the native garb with colorful sashes and lion clothes, shieals and spears."
or the female monkeys are carrying their babies on their backs and the males
are standing guard to protect them if needed.
I like someone who can paint a picture for me in my mind.
I also like have fun and do exciting things.  I have sky dived 237 times,
white water rafted, climbed Half Dome in Yosemite valley and gone SCUBA
diving in the Pacific.
I have done a lot of things others only dream about.
I have been Blind since I was 16 and I am 66 now.

David Evans and GD Jack.