[Blindtlk] Walking down the aisle

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Wed Aug 21 02:54:12 UTC 2013

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding! My father walked me down the aisle. My husband who is also totally blind walked down the
aisle himself with his cane. When the ceremony was over, I used my cane for the rest of the evening. I just did not use it when Dad
walked me down the aisle. I believe I was carrying it so I could use it when I left the church. We both just set our canes down
along the step of the church platform so that we could exchange rings, and receive the crowns and have our hands free for the
service. Then, we picked them up when we needed them. This is just a matter of what you prefer and what you are comfortable with.

Sincerely,
Terri Wilcox