[Blindtlk] iPads and tablets best for the blind/VI

Ericka Short ericka.short at wi.rr.com
Mon Dec 2 23:32:00 UTC 2013

Good to hear.  Keep posting the  dates/times/contact info soI can join in on
othere onse.  I'm not really able to do it tonight.  I do have a question
for all.

What is the best iPad/tablet for someone who's blind/VI.  I can read things
with magnification software but there are days I would rather use speech.
Older I get the closer I am to a low partial, especially during cold season!
My parents are considering buying one for me and I told them I'd consult the
gurus of tech for help.  I can't afford an iPhone but this seems like the
best access to blind apps until I can.  Since my parents never considered my
impairment in any purchase before, I'm glad to help them out.

Thanks for help!  Looking forward to advice for "Santa".

Ericka J. Short
262-697-0510

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me". Philippians 4:13

"No hand is too small or too big to do good in this world." EJ. Short