[Blindtlk] iPads and tablets best for the blind/VI

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Tue Dec 3 14:56:35 UTC 2013

Hi Erica, Judy summed it up. If you are going to use the screen for much, you are going to want an iPad. Get the most recent one you can. Older ones will not run IOS7, which has a lot of things that you may want. Other things that you may want for your iPad include a Bookshare membership. If you are taking classes through Hadley, you can get a free membership. Otherwise, I believe it is $75. You will want the BARD app, to read NLS books. Other than that, the apps you get are up to you, Look at the
www.applevis.com
site for a long list of accessible apps. Good luck.