[Blindtlk] drivers, social lives, school and rehab

Hyde, David W. (ESC) david.hyde at wcbvi.k12.wi.us
Wed Dec 11 14:16:03 UTC 2013

I changed my subject line to reflect where our thread on drivers has gone, and what I'm hoping to address. First, Desiree, if you want to take classes, please do not let a rehab counselor discourage you. The IPE is a negotiated document. Put what you want in there. It is not unreasonable to pay for transportation. Rehab does it all the time. They can help with your tuition and books as well. If you are not comfortable talking with them, get someone to go with you. I am sure that your state president can help. I think that he is Jim Atanachi.

Social Life. We all have one, and so should you. Your parents have one too. Some people I know who are home bound for whatever reason use social media. Start by deciding what you want to do, and then work on resources to do it. I am sure that you have a lot to offer others.

Drivers. We've covered this very well. Your choices will only expand with your social network, both electronic and personal.

Hang in there. I can remember when people like Judy Jones was younger and shy. She has a lot of good ideas. Keep posting, keep trying, and try new things. Oh, before I forget, if nothing else, take some classes through Hadley. They don't cost anything, and it's always fun to learn new things.