[Blindtlk] Suggestions on being a better writer being blind laterin life

Kendra Schaber Baltimore777 at comcast.net
Tue Feb 26 06:32:48 UTC 2013

First of all, for someone who has not had as much writing experience that
you want, your writing actually looks well! As for places to improve your
writing skills, try out BARD. There, you will find a few grammer books that
you might find interesting. Another option or tule that you can look into is
the idea of taking a course in writing. Concidder a writing course at a
community college. I took one in 2009 which was perfict timing since I got a
lot of practice not only because I was tought by a retired newspaper editor
but because I was also writing a zillion E Mails to anyone from my best
friend to state polititions because I lobied and lost the fight to keep the
Oregon School for the Blind while at the same time, I was taking a
leadership course at that time. You could also join the writer's devition.
They will also have tips for you to improve your writing. English is my
first and only language that I speak or write and I am still not a perfict
writer. I could go to town with stories about how editors have always found
ways for me to improve my writing skills. That doesn't stop me from writing.
I enjoy writing and I do it almost every day. I sometimes write reports for
work as well. I may not be a book author or even someone who publishes
powems, I still write either in an E Mail or on Facebook or even text
messages at least once a day. I hope that my ideas are helpful to you!
Kendra