[Blindtlk] Microwaves

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Jan 25 20:40:07 UTC 2013

Marsha,

We just bought a microwave a couple of months ago.  It's a Whirlpool,
but I don't know the exact model.  It's a smaller one because we have a
specific cabinet where it needs to go, so our options were limited by
our space.

Walmart had a couple that looked like they would work for a blind
person, not a bazillion buttons and one button does one thing.
Unfortunately none of them worked for our space requirements.  Ours came
from a local appliance store.

I use bump dots for the numbers, start and stop.  I don't use all the
fancy features like defrost, and power levels and the like.

My best advice is to go to the store and ask loads of questions.  If you
can have them plug it in so you can experiment with the buttons that
would be good too.

Best of luck!
Julie