[Blindtlk] New vs Refurbished computer

Marsha marcatony at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 16:57:31 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone
  Hope you all had a wonderful convention.  I hope this topic is appropriate
for this list.
  After 7.5 years, this wonderful work horse XP computer is giving up the
ghost.  I would love to keep it forever;  however, it keeps telling me it
can't write to disc.
  What are the benefits of a refurbished computer as compared to a new one?
Which version of Windows 7 is the best?  What kind of things should I ensure
that the computer has?  Any recommendations for sound cards?  I have a 5.1
speaker system which I dearly love.  Thanks for any help you can give me.

Marsha