[Blindtlk] Use of the Term Visually Impaired

Christine Szostak szostak.1 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Jun 21 20:37:30 UTC 2013

Hi,
  I suspect that actually the issue was not really with the term visually
impaired, but rather with the order. When you say a "visually impaired
person" the disability comes first as  opposed to saying a "person with a
visual impairment". Thus, having the disability first is objected to, at
least this is what I am assuming the blogger was getting at.
Happy Friday!
Chris