[Blindtlk] Use of the Term Visually Impaired

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Sat Jun 22 05:49:47 UTC 2013

Evening, Mark,

         MMaybe folks like to be called lo vision or partially
sighted or whatever., but don't you think if we had a singular term
for those with vision problems, we would seem more cohesive? Do you
know how deaf folks found their cohesion? Deaf people figured out
that, the term deaf had been given strength, and they were proud to
identify themselves as deaf,That's what I have heard, anyway. But,
this could be nothing more than an imbelishment.A