[Blindtlk] Use of the Term Visually Impaired

Mark Tardif markspark at roadrunner.com
Sun Jun 23 00:36:05 UTC 2013

If you are not seeing that in people in your age group, then maybe we are
making progress.  Again, I do not think we want to bludgeon people, and I
agree the so-called people first language should not be morally obligatory,
but I do think that a hierarchy has existed with some people insisting that
they are really not blind, although they crash into walls or fall down
flights of stairs because they refuse to use blindness techniques.  If that
is changing, then great.

Mark Tardif
Nuclear arms will not hold you.