[Blindtlk] Use of the Term Visually Impaired

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Sun Jun 23 01:18:56 UTC 2013

Good afternoon, Penny,

         Indeed you are coming from a unique perspective, having
observed your daughter's ocular world suddenly darkening and the
transition she was compelled to make from functionally sighted, to
functionally blind. Your experience has shown you for a fact that,
ocular blindness ought not suggest a state of brokenness, or damage.
I believe you spot on when you say folk  oughta be the ones to decide
a term that suits them personally, and nobody need be subject to any
kind of label.
I would love to talk with you, if you're interested--I herald from
Berkeley, California.
for today, Carly Mihalakis