[Blindtlk] Netflix, Jaws, and drop-down boxes.

Judy jones jtj1 at cableone.net
Sun Mar 10 18:06:34 UTC 2013

Hello to all,

This question is for anyone using Jaws with Netflix.  I've discovered that the drop-down boxes, or "Combo Boxes," as denoted in Jaws, are no longer visible.  They are used to help sort searches, or change from season to season, for instance, if browsing the seasons of a TV series.  I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this drop in accessibility with Netflix, or if there are any scripts or work-arounds.  I've used Jaws 14, 10, NVDA, and am using IE8.  With Jaws 14, will try IE9 to see if visibility and access improves.

If any Netflix user has any ideas or helps, I would greatly appreciate hearing from you, and you are welcome to respond to my e-mail jtj1 at cableone.net.

Thanks in advance.