[Blindtlk] visually impaired married to a sighted

Jessica Kostiw jessicac.kostiw at gmail.com
Sun Mar 17 02:25:34 UTC 2013

Erica and all,
   I too can relate to this thread.  My sighted husband and I will be married a year on the 24th of this month.  He works long hours, and I am left to figure things out on my own. On weekends he is exhausted!  The NFB *can do* attitude makes things very complicated in a marriage.  I do live in an area where you can walk many places. You cannot walk everywhere though, just today my husband had to drive me early about half an hour to an NFB event. He is usually very good. He even says it is our car. I feel bad though, this is his weekend. Like I say, he works very long hours. I depend on my in-laws a great deal. I just moved to town, and really only have one friend who I can feel comfortable asking to drive me places sometimes. I probably will chime in again. I am watching this thread very closely. I appreciate any comments or advice people who have been in my situation and Ericas longer.
Jessica

Sent from my iPhone