[Blindtlk] Learning Jaws

Daniel Garcia dangarcia3 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 18 14:27:49 UTC 2013

You ask how we learn JAWS. In my case I learned it at the Training Center
for the Blind in my state.

You can download the Demo Version and install the DAISY Training Modules in
your computer. You can listen to these modules either in FS Reader or you
can copy them into a USB stick and play them on an NLS device if you have
one. FS Reader is installed with JAWS; it is a program with which you can
listen to the training modules on your PC.

I have never used Window Eyes so I don't know if the commands are similar to
JAWS and how much of a learning curbe you'll have. But my guess is that once
you learn one screen reader it is easy to learn another one, in the same way
that once you learn a language it is easy to learn another. For instance, it
was quite easy for me to learn NVDA on my own at home after having used JAWS
for a few months and also being frustrated with the demo version.

HTH

Daniel