[Blindtlk] NFB Guide Dog School

Kelby Carlson kelbycarlson at gmail.com
Fri Mar 22 13:16:11 UTC 2013

Thanks, Marion! I think I understand where you're coming from.
What about schools like GDB who retain ownership for a limited
time in case of a bad match or problems with the handler/dog, but
cede ownership after a year? Due to the large amount of time and
money invested in the dogs by a lot of people, this seems like a
reasonable solution.  I totally understand your concerns over
inappropriate behavior from the schools and do not want to
condone such a thing.  But I'm also not sure we can reduce
retension policies to mere paternalism in all cases.

Kelby