[Blindtlk] Adjustment to Blindness Training, NFB Centers or Not?

Desiree Oudinot turtlepower17 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 23 22:14:55 UTC 2013

Hi,
I suppose we will have to agree to disagree on this point. As I said
previously, I'm not saying that the organized blind, or the organized
insert name of group here are bad in and of themselves. Organizations
do good things, and sometimes things that not everyone agrees with. I
understand your position, and I'm glad that you feel that you help to
make changes that will hopefully lead to more equal access and greater
employability of the blind. I am very grateful that such people exist,
because without any such system in place, we would probably all still
be confined to living in group homes, being treated as invalids,
begging on the streets, or maybe even worse things than that. Whether
it's the NFB, ACB or otherwise makes no difference to me. I can be
grateful and praise decisions that any organization makes without
wearing a badge.
I suppose that it's possible that my views will change over time. I am
only 23, after all. But I guess I've always been a bit apart from
others, ever since I can remember. I fully intend to stay on the NFB's
listservs that I'm subscribed to, take valuable information and
anecdotes in stride, and contribute, however infrequently, to the
discussions at hand.