[Blindtlk] Professions on list?

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sun Mar 24 21:03:34 UTC 2013

Peter:

I hold a B.A. and M.S. in physics. When I got out of school, contrary to the
situation when I started college, physicists were a dime a dozen so I and
many of my sighted colleagues went into computer programming. I also faced
discrimination in applying for physics jobs but there weren't many
protections to job-seekers back when I was looking for employment.

I've also played classical piano professionally -- I played Gershwin's
Rhapsody in Blue with the Oregon Symphony and had to join the AFM to do so.

Mike Freeman