[Blindtlk] Professions on list?

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Sun Mar 24 11:47:52 UTC 2013

In high school I worked for a ceramics business doing things like: setting
up at craft shows, customer service, sales and clean up.

Also one summer in high school I delivered phone books door to door.  This
was probably the worst job I have ever had.  Then again I grew up in a
really rough neighborhood where people don't appreciate strangers showing up
at their homes.

After high school I worked in housekeeping at a nursing home, as a nurse aid
in a hospital, and as a dishwasher in a restaurant.

After college I worked as a Statistical Clerk for the Department of Labor, a
Rehabilitation teacher for the blind, owned my own guide dog equipment
business and now I am the Diversion Coordinator for my county.  As the
Diversion Coordinator, I work to keep kids out of the criminal justice
system.  Young people who have had an encounter with the police and received
a ticket typically have the opportunity to go through diversion instead of
to court.  I also handle all the truancy cases for the county and do a lot
of drug/alcohol use prevention.  A large part of what I do is to help young
people discover their talents, set goals, learn to solve their own problems
and to think seriously about their futures.

Julie