[Blindtlk] Professions on list?

cheryl echevarria cherylandmaxx at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 25 11:16:50 UTC 2013

Well then take people like Marion Gwizdala and myself then. We are not normal people because we wanted to do what we wanted to do, blind or not.
Now I am not a liberty to speak for Marion,  and we may not see eye to eye on things, but I do respect what he does and continues to do.
He is a life coach, entertainer, educator, public speaker. President of NAGDU and so much more.
Or my chapter President, David Stayer, here on Long Island, he was the first blind Social Worker at Nassau County Medical Center.
Or my two dear friends from my chapter that passed away within 6 months of each other Mr. George Dominguez, who was the 1st Auditor with the IRS here on Long Island. He also served as the 1st Vice President of the NFB Greater Long Island Chapter. George passed away in August 2012 from a heart attack.
We then have Brad Greenspan, who was the person we all went to get names and titles of the people who we needed to get the word across that what you are doing is against ADA, etc. Here on Long Island, he was a very smart man, Brad was the 1st Parole Officer. He passed away in December 2012 and was the 2nd Vice President of our chapter. Now I carry the torch in my chapter doing the things that I do as work related or educating others that they can do it also.
Odd, different, not normal. If we are not normal that is fine with me. I am proud of what I have accomplished, and what I have seen and the people I have met, and been to places I never thought I would be.

Disabled Entrepreneur of the Year 2012 of NY State
Leading the Way in Independent Travel!SNG Certified - Accessible Travel Advocate!Cheryl Echevarria, Ownerhttp://www.echevarriatravel.com631-456-5394reservations@echevarriatravel.comhttp://www.echevarriatravel.wordpress.com2012 Norwegian Cruise Line University Advisory Board Member.
Affiliated as an independent contractor with Montrose TravelCST - #1018299-10Echevarria Travel and proud member of the National Federation of the Blind will be holding a year round fundraiser for the http://www.NFBNY.org after Hurricane Sandy and other resources. Any vacation package booked between November 6 2012-November 6, 2013 and vacation must be traveled no later than 12/30/2014 a percentage of my earnings will go to the affiliate.  Also is you book a Sandals for couples or Beaches for families and friends resorts vacation, $100.00 per booking will go to the affiliate as well.  You do not need to be a member of the NFB.org, just book through us.