[Blindtlk] an apology received

Ray Foret Jr rforetjr at att.net
Wed May 15 18:18:51 UTC 2013

Sorry, but, I'm very much afraid that this is one of those times when real life makes the best words of any philosophy a little tricky to apply literally.  We know philisoflically what should be the case:  however, as a matter of human reality, real life just will not cooperate some times.  Perhaps, though, there is a solution based in part on what Mike just said.  We know when something isn't accessible:  but, since we have-or see to have-a little bit of a gray area where we are working in, it's we who need to define the standard.  Just saying "make it accessible" is, to speak frankly, not enough and perhaps, I dare say, a little vague.  What one blind person considers accessible might not be at all to another.  For example, a person familiar with Apple Voice OVer might regard the Mac or Iphone as quite perhaps even completely accessible:  but, on the other hand, a blind person not at all familiar with the affor mentioned products might disagree.  A person familiar with browsing the internet and who is also familiar with sites which are heavily laden with graphics might be able to get around it with the greatest proficiency:  while, at the same time, a novis would have all kinds of  difficulty.

Sent from my mac, the only computer with full accessibility for the blind built-in!
Sincerely,
The Constantly Barefooted Ray
Still a very proud and happy Mac and Iphone user!

On May 15, 2013, at 1:08 PM, "blind411" <blind411 at verizon.net> wrote:

> 	Those damned flies! How can we keep them out of our ointment? Maybe
> we could design a top too small for them to enter! (grin)
>
> Marion

>>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindtlk_nfbnet.org/k7uij%40panix.c
>>> o

>> blindtlk: