[Blindtlk] technology questions

Jewel herekittykat2 at gmail.com
Sat May 18 17:46:18 UTC 2013

Hi, I can't speak about the notetakers, having never used one. However, I can say that the Focus 40 Blue works really well with my iPhone 4S. I use it to take notes in my college classes, have notes available during a presentation, and navigate my iPhone in noisy settings. I actually prefer to use the Braille display with my phone more than with my laptop. oOh, I also use the Braille display to read books through the Read2Go app. And the Focus 40 is large enough to give a good number of cells, but not so large that it can't be easily transported. I carry my Braille display to school and its size is never a bother, an argument people make in favor of the Focus 14.
I definitely would see if you can get your hands on both a Focus 40 and the notetaker you are considering just to try them out if you can. As the saying goes, to each their own. While I love my refreshable Braille display, you might find the notetaker a better choice for yourself.
Best of luck,
Jewel

Sent from my iPhone