[Blindtlk] Buddhist meditation retreats

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Wed Oct 2 12:48:05 UTC 2013

Jewel,

I have not been to a retreat, but I have been strongly considering it for a
couple of years.  Anyway, most of the websites I've looked at all have
statements like this one:
"San Francisco Zen Center welcomes diversity. People of every race,
nationality, class, gender, sexual orientation, age, and physical ability —
all are welcome."

So that sounds pretty encouraging to me.  I'd give them a call, explain your
situation and see how it goes.  Usually I don't announce my blindness and
the guide dog ahead of time, but I think in this situation it would be
appropriate.   I'd ask for the marker board schedule info by email because
that is less expensive and easier for them to do than Braille.  It also
allows for faster turn around time if there are changes to the schedule.

If you go, please share your experience.  this is definitely something I
will do  in the future.

Julie