[Blindtlk] Going to Cedar Point on August 23

trising at sbcglobal.net trising at sbcglobal.net
Sat Aug 9 00:23:18 UTC 2014

Hello Federation Family:

     Can someone who is blind and has successfully navigated an amusement park email me? My husband and I are totally blind. We
adore roller coasters.  I have an opportunity to take a trip to Cedar Point in a couple of weeks. My husband is unable to attend. I
would like to talk to other blind people who have successfully navigated through amusement parks without relying on a sighted friend
to go with them to the rides. When I have been to the park, it sounds pretty chaotic, but I want to reassure the drivers that I am
riding with that they will not have to take me around the park. I have already been asked if I will bring an escort. Since I do not
have an escort, I am determined to do this alone. I want to spend most of my time riding coasters, not getting lost and wishing I
was on coasters. If anyone has any ideas or expertise for me, please email on or off list.

Sincerely,
Terri Wilcox