[Blindtlk] Going to Cedar Point on August 23

Kendra. Schaber redwing731 at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 10:09:05 UTC 2014

Hi all!
I have navagated a local immusement park called Oaks Park with other blind people and have navagated my favorite ride, The Screaming Eagle by myself. I am no expert but I can give some advise here. I am also a big fan of the wild rides. The last time I went to Oaks Park, I road The Screaming Eagle 13 times and around half of them, I was by myself. Yes, amusement parks can be crazy. I wouldn't want to explore Disneyland or Disneyworld by myself because I wouldn't want to get lost. I would want to ride the rides. Knowing the size of the park before you get there is a must for this reason. Next, know the wildest rides, the ticket stands and the ride closest to the bathroom's locations because they are important and can make great landmarks. Learn how to identify a ride by sound because you can often find the best rides that way. At Oaks Park, the Screaming Eagle is a great landmark because you hear a lot of screaming and loud up beat music. I often recamend it as a good meeting spot. Ask questions and a voluntary wing if you get lost. Otherwise, follow the sounds of the ride of interest. As for lines, feel free to ask where it is, where the end is and is this the end? Use a combination of techniques to get through it since each ride is a bit different even with the line. The two best are following the chine that guides the line and follow it until you bump a hand. The other is a volluntary wing is a good option when there isn't a good line chine or rope or whenever it gets crazy and no other option is good for the awesome rolarcoasters. The cane on back of shoe method is O.K. but not the best at ammusement parks. Always listen to ride announcements because they often tell you the rules of the ride. Always take your cane in the line to help with getting through it faster. When you do finally get up to the ride, ask the staff if they can hold onto your belongings or where to set them and any other assistance that you need for getting on and off the ride. I hope this helps!!!! I hope that you get as much enjoyment as possable!!!
Kendra

Sent from my iPhone